Sunday, July 22, 2018

Off to a rough start

     While gathering around to pray in the church parking lot, just minutes before driving off to the airport, I suddenly experienced a dizzy spell and blacked out.  I was a little feverish, my face went pale, and my pupils dilated.  After resting a few minutes, I felt well enough to go to the airport, hoping I would recover my strength and the weirdness wear off.  However, as we made our way through security to our gate, I still felt pretty weak and a little shaky.  This led us to decide that I should not get on a plane for the time being.  We sent the team ahead of me, with Jenny as leader. 

     This morning I went to the Dr's and everything looked pretty normal, except for some small irregularities in my blood pressure.  The doc said it wasn't enough to warrant any treatment, and just advised me to get some rest and avoid any stress.  Meanwhile, the team made it to Panama safely.  They were picked up by my friend Dan, went to lunch, and experienced their first tropical rain shower and thunder storm.  Everyone is in good spirits despite some concern for me.

    As of this writing, I'm still monitoring my health.  I've talked to our travel agent, but unfortunately we can't get much help until tomorrow morning (Monday).  This may actually prove fortuitous as it will give me some more time to see how I'm doing and decide when I should rejoin the team.

   Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment