Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday

I (Andrew) woke up feeling great.  Went for a long walk/jog and still felt very good.  So, unless God has any more unexpected surprises for us, I'll finally be boarding a plane tonight to join the team.  Please pray for continued strength, health, and safe travels.

As for the team, I heard from Jenny this morning that they were headed up to Capira to visit a new partner village for Rio Missions Panama (our hosts).  Not sure what they'll be doing other than visiting and getting to check out one of the "mountainous" regions of Panama.  The elevation in these areas isn't that high, but it is significantly cooler and less humid...usually.  I know Dan said he is excited he gets to do this, as it's a village he's been needing to get to for a while.  All in all he expressed that the change in schedule has been very helpful to his mission as the team has helped him accomplish many projects he had previously been unable to get to.  He said the teens have done everything asked of them with a great attitude.  He told them he just wanted them to "do life" with him this week, which means they've gotten to experience first-hand what it's like to serve as a missionary in Panama.  It's not as glamorous as digging a well or building a house, but it's the day to day reality of work and ministry in Panama which is just what I wanted for them.  I'm sure they'll have lots of interesting stories and observations to share.

Seeing as I'll be travelling for the next twelve to twenty-four hours, I probably won't have a new update for the blog until maybe late Sunday night.  I'm also unsure of the wi-fi at the base so I probably won't be able to post as frequently as I have been.  I'll do my best. 

Either way, keep praying for us and especially for my travels tonight.  I leave at 10:20 p.m., go through Miami, and am supposed to arrive at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment