Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday

I made it safe to Panama.  It was a pretty intense spiritual battle, but God came through and I'm happy to be here.  I'm super exhausted so hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight and make a quick recovery. 

It's fun watching the team here.  They have their own rhythm and routines at the base, singing Disney songs while they do dishes and sweep up the kitchen (yes, parents, your kids are doing chores cheerfully!).  They also have their own language, inside jokes, nicknames, etc.  These are things I expected to be part of from the beginning, but it warms my heart to see the kind of unity and cohesion we've been praying for.

Tomorrow we start an intense four days of ministry at the school in the Curundu slums.  The teens are super excited.  I've warned them we might face some awkwardness the first day as we figure out how to plug into the classrooms. 

Please continue to be in prayer for us.  I'm feeling a little weak after that long day's travel.  Emily has been having a little big of a weak stomach.  We need lots of covering to keep working hard as this week is going to be much more tireing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment